Ice Cream Mug Brownie
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 7 min
- Enlightened Chocolate Ice Cream (70 g, 1/2 cup)
- Egg (1)
- Coconut Flour (11 g, 5 tsp)
- Baking Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Xanthum Gum (1/2 tsp)
- Sea Salt (a pinch)
- Either soften ice cream on the counter for a few minutes or microwave for ~30 sec (it’ll be too hard otherwise)
- Combine ingredients in a microwave-safe mug and whisk vigorously.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes depending on desired consistensy.
While this is strictly a “mug brownie” recipe, there are so many different flavors of low-cal high-protein ice cream. I usually opt for Enlightened pints because they use IBS-friendly sweeteners, but any other brand should do the trick.
You can also use the recipe without the xanthum gum, but the product will come out a little runny unless another thickening agent is used.
P.S. this same recipe can be applied to non-low-cal-high-protein ice creams as well.